Asst Director of Nursing (ADON)
Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community. Our Community celebrates its roots as a famous seaside resort by offering resort-like services in one of Southern California’s most beautiful settings.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Current licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing desirable. Three years supervisory experience required. Knowledgeable in current State and Federal regulation.
Please apply in person:
Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community
2855 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008
SUMMARY Under the direction of the D.O.N. / Administrator, maintains current standards of nursing practices. Implements facility policies, procedures and management systems. Coordinates nursing services with community agencies, physicians, families, residents, consultants, ancillary service providers and other department personnel within the facility. Promotes quality care delivery by all providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Uses independent judgment to recruit, hire, schedule, supervise, counsel, and evaluate all CNA and LVN nursing staff and services according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensures 24-hour provision of nursing services within Federal, State, and company requirements based on acuity of residents.
- Makes frequent rounds to assess performance of nursing staff and monitors the quality of care provided to residents. Supervises the health care services and programs to residents.
- Coordinates resident admissions, transfers and discharges with other departments with community agencies.
- Supervises and participates in resident interdisciplinary care plan conferences. Supervises documentation in resident health records and reviews scheduled audits.
- Ensures and/or coordinates and performs needed treatments, medications or other nursing interventions as indicated by the patient plan of care and company policy and within standard nursing practices.
- Works closely with the Director of Quality Assurance and consultants to provide geriatric health programs and services.
- Promotes stimulation, comfortable, uplifting environments for residents, families and staff.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off for Full Time Employees.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
**Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.