Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community. Our Community celebrates its roots as a famous seaside resort by offering resort-like services in one of Southern California’s most beautiful settings. Carlsbad By The Sea is an award-winning continuing care retirement community offering private retirement homes from intimate studios to expansive three-bedroom penthouses, most with ocean views.
Please apply in person:
Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community
2855 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008
SUMMARY Under general supervision, a Cook (line cook, baker, pastry etc.) prepares and cooks meals, and/or specialty items for residents and employees of Front Porch residential facilities by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. Meets demands of meal schedules; avoiding waste through use of standardized recipes
- Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
- Prepares entrees, soups and modified foods.
- Assures food is stored correctly with a date on the label.
- Observes and tastes the food being prepared. Assures that food is attractive, seasoned and served at the correct temperature.
Salary Information: $13-$15 p/hr DOE
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
**Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.