Sunny View is an award-winning Bay Area continuing care retirement community with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. It is located in the beautiful Cupertino foothills and is a Front Porch Community. For more information about our community please go to http://sunny-view.org/
Sunny View is looking for Full-Time and Part-Time Cooks. Under general supervision, a Cook (line cook, baker, pastry etc.) prepares and cooks meals, and/or specialty items for residents and employees of Front Porch residential facilities by performing the following duties:
Sunny View Offers:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Benefits, and Paid Time off
What you will be doing?
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. Meets demands of meal schedules; avoiding waste through use of standardized recipes.
- Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
- Prepares entrees, soups and modified foods.
- Assures food is stored correctly with a date on the label.
- May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MUST APPLY IN PERSON AT:
22445 Cupertino Road, Cupertino, CA
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.