Cook prepares and cooks meals, and/or specialty items for residents and employees of Front Porch residential facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. Meets demands of meal schedules; avoiding waste through use of standardized recipes.
- Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
- Prepares entrees, soups and modified foods.
- Assures food is stored correctly with a date on the label.
- Observes and tastes the food being prepared. Assures that food is attractive, seasoned and served at the correct temperature.
- May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
- Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.