Director of Dining Services
Sunny View is an award-winning Bay Area continuing care retirement community with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. It is located in the beautiful Cupertino foothills and is a Front Porch Community. For more information about our community please go to http://sunny-view.org/
Sunny View is looking for Full-Time Director of Dining Services
Sunny View Offers:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Benefits
Paid Time off
Competitive Retirement Plan
What you will be doing?
- Ability to direct the operations of the Department. Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the community as well as the corporate office. Self motivated, utilizing initiative and good judgement in assigning tasks, delegation of responsibilities, resolving operational problems and employee grievances.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- May be a registered dietitian (RD) but if not must be familiar with principles of nutrition as related to menu planning, established patterns for modified diets, and be able to adjust the corporate menu to meet facility needs.
- Must have the skill to purchase and direct the preparation of quality food on a large scale. Must know the principles of management, which relate to Kitchen and Dining Room operations, as well as the importance of safety in food handling and equipment. Responsible for the purchasing, proper maintenance, and repairs of all equipment in the Dining Services Department.
- Conducts weekly meetings with management team of the Dining Services Department. Interviews and hires management personnel with the assistance of the Executive Director and the Human Resources Department. Maintains efficient utilization of personnel. Confers with the Vice President of Nutrition and Dining Services and Executive Director concerning Department operation, scheduling, budgeting constraints, and resident food service.
- Responsible for menu planning, catering special events and theme days. Coordinates this information with the Dining Services management team.
- The DDS, if a RD, integrates the dietetic aspects of patient care into the facility's total interdisciplinary program through attendance at the Resident Care Conferences, communication and sharing of specialized information with the medical and nursing staff. Responsible for completing the nutritional assessments in a timely manner. Responsible for dietary representation at patient care conferences at the Care Center with quarterly or more frequent updates. Responsible for solving any dietary problems, short term goals and care plans. As part of the interdisciplinary approach to patient care, initiates plans or reviews plans initiated by nursing staff.
- Confers with the Vice President of Nutrition and Dining Services, and Executive Director concerning operating problems and ongoing challenges. Acts as a liaison between the Care Center and the shared Dining Services, by attending both Department Head Meetings.
- Must ensure appropriate modified diets are available for residents. If a RD, must be available to residents for dietary counseling and communication with their physicians regarding dietary prescriptions.
- Responsible for the Dining Services In-services of all personnel.
- Coordinates with the Supervisor/Dietary Manager to provide Dining Services in servicing for staff.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Dietitian: Bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited university or college and course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). Complete a CADE-accredited supervised internship program. Undergraduate degree in Foods & Nutrition, and registration through the American Dietetic Association. Must have at least one-year experience as a Director of Dining Services and one-year experience as a Dietitian in a long term care facility.
- Other Candidate: Title 22 California Code of Regulations (CCR) section 72351(b) requires if the DDS is not a registered dietitian then the DDS must have completed formal training from a state-approved program. Must have at least one-year experience as a Director of Dining Services in a long term care facility and have experience working with a registered dietitian.
MUST APPLY IN PERSON At:
22445 Cupertino Road, Cupertino, CA
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws