Director of Nursing, DON
Under the direction of the Executive Director / Administrator, plans, organizes, develops and evaluates the overall operation of the Nursing Services Department in accordance with current State and Federal regulations. Maintains current standards of nursing practices. Implements facility policies, procedures and management systems. Coordinates nursing services with community agencies, physicians, families, residents, consultants, ancillary service providers and other department personnel within the facility. Promotes quality care delivery by all providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, schedules, supervises, counsels, evaluates all nursing service employees according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensures 24-hour provision of nursing services within Federal, State, and company requirements based on acuity of residents.
- Supervises the health care services and programs to residents.
- Coordinates resident admissions, transfers and discharges with other departments with community agencies.
- Directs and supervises utilization of Medicare, Medi-Cal and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) contracts.
- Supervises and participates in resident interdisciplinary care plan conferences. Supervises documentation in resident health records and reviews scheduled audits.
- Participates in budget planning and monitoring of fee scheduling and charging for services and cost effective utilization of resources.
- Responsible for orientation and on-going in-service education of all nursing staff.
- Provides professional management to State and Federal survey process following up with writing and implementing plan/s of correction.
- Works closely with the Director of Quality Assurance and consultants to provide geriatric health programs and services.
- Promotes stimulation, comfortable, uplifting environments for residents, families and staff.
- Develops and revises Nursing Policy and Procedure Manuals as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Current licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing desirable. Three years supervisory experience required. Knowledgeable in current State and Federal regulation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.