Medical Billing Specialist (Business Office Assistant)
Prepares all Skilled Nursing Facility private pay, Medical and Managed Care Medical billing; processes Medical application and annual redetermination and completes related accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for all accounting related to documenting, preparing, and distributing Care Center resident statements. May also assist with IL/AL receivables/billing.
- Responsible for aging/past-due account collections and analysis. Makes recommendations to Executive Director regarding charge-offs.
- Participates in Triple-Check meetings, in coordination with nursing and therapy teams.
- Proficient use of HCS computer system.
- Maintains daily census; verifies insurance for Care Center admissions.
- Provides reports to Burbank Office accounting and Executive Director.
- Participates in internal and external financial audits.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and in service meetings.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: One year of college or technical school training and three years experience with Medi-Cal billing, as well as general accounting.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.