Registered Dietitian (RD)
Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community. Our Community celebrates its roots as a famous seaside resort by offering resort-like services in one of Southern California’s most beautiful settings.
Please apply in person:
Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community
2855 Carlsbad Blvd, Carlsbad, CA 92008
SUMMARY Assists the Director of Dining/Food Services with the coordination of skilled nursing and assisted living dining services by monitoring resident diets by performing the following functions. Works as a team with the Vice President of Nutrition and Dining Services and Manager of Nutrition and Dining Services to ensure modified diets are followed, appropriate care center in services are completed, sanitation audits of the kitchen are completed and medical records charting meets Department of Health Services requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Reviews residents charts to verify any special diet that has been ordered or any possible medical contraindications with diet/food served.
- Works in conjunction with Care Center staff to ensure that residents’ diets and health needs have been addressed and satisfied.
- Attends Care Plan meetings to discuss resident’s progress, health concerns, etc.
- Ensures that basic diet conforms to dietary essentials.
- Establishes portion sizes. Makes adjustment in quantity or content of meals, in accordance with the nutritional requirements of each resident.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and disciplines Registered Dietetic Technicians, Dietetic Supervisors and/or Diet Coordinators, Diet Aids, and keeps Director of Dining Services informed as needed regarding personnel issues.
- Instructs the above personnel in foods to be served to residents on therapeutic diets.
- Supervises preparation and service of food to residents, guests, and/or special events.
- Ensures weight variances meetings are held on a weekly basis.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off for Full Time Employees.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
**Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.