Security Guard – PM Shift
Carlsbad By The Sea is a private, not-for-profit continuing care retirement community located in quaint Carlsbad Village in San Diego County. Carlsbad By The Sea offers private retirement living - independent senior living with the peace of mind of assisted living and skilled nursing.
We are seeking to hire a part-time PM Security Guard (3pm-11:30pm, Thursday - Sunday).
Are you able to quickly respond to emergency needs? Do you love variety in your job? Can you monitor, respond to, and document situations? We have a position that needs your skills.
To be considered for the position please apply in person at: 2855 Carlsbad Blvd., Carlsbad, CA.
As part of the team you will provide security services for residents and employees of the organization. Protect from and respond to fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols, periodically, outside grounds of campus and lobbies, corridors and public rooms of the facility to ensure safety and security of residents and staff.
- Responds to fire alarms, emergency call switch activation and other emergencies.
- Graciously warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and devises, reports or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Investigates and completes resident loss reports and incident reports, gives copies to supervisor and maintains a file on them.
- Keeps accurate log of shift activities.
- Occasionally performs emergency janitorial duties and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Familiar with all disaster, fire and other emergency procedures as outlined in facility disaster plan.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final Candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and a criminal background check.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.