Business Office Manager
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Business Office Manager oversees all community accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, third party billing, and preparation of all Skilled Nursing Facility private pay, insurance, secondary insurance and Medicare and Medi-Cal billing. The Business Office Manger also serves as the campus information systems liaison with the Home Office Accounting Dept.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for the smooth running of all business office functions to include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and resident inquiries.
- Responsible for all accounting related to documenting, preparing, and distributing resident statements.
- Responsible for aging/past-due account collections and analysis. Develop collection strategies to reduce delinquent accounts. Makes recommendations to Executive Director regarding charge-offs.
- Participates in Triple-Check meetings in coordination with clinical nursing, home office and therapy teams.
- Maintains daily census and verifies insurance for Care Center admissions.
- Able to demonstrate proficient use of healthcare billing software.
- Reviews and provides detailed analysis of monthly financial statements, including variance reports.
- Prepares and provides reports to Home Office Accounting and Executive Director.
- Participates in internal and external financial audits.
- Must participate in Monthly A/R reviews with ED/DVP.
- Directly supervises between 1 and 3 employees in the Business Office. Responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Follows all safety precautions, including use of necessary devices or equipment.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations; ability to write reports and business correspondence; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer excellent employment benefits including:
- comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- paid-time off (108 hours 1st year for full time employees)
- 8 Holidays and Anniversary Recognition Day
- retirement account 403b
- employee scholarship program for continued education
- wellness program
- employee safety program
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.