Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
Are you able to provide assistance with activities of daily living marked by outstanding hospitality and customer care?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team as a Caregiver at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, located in La Jolla, CA. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline - upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana.
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON at the Human Resources Office Monday thru Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm at 849 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Resident Care/Charge Nurse or designee, the Caregiver is responsible for performing routine nursing assistant services to the residents of the facility. Provides resident care according to policies and procedures and within acceptable nursing standards. The shift is 10:30pm - 7am.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the residents to and from the dining room, and assists in serving meals.
- Serves trays to residents in their rooms, if necessary, and assists with cutting of food.
- Washes resident’s personal laundry as needed.
- Makes resident’s beds daily.
- Maintains log with all vital information.
- Maintains all documentation as required by Federal and State regulations and Company policy.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse regularly regarding the resident's condition.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment.
- Assists residents with; bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
- Arrives to work on time, in proper clean uniform, good personal hygiene and with nametag visible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED
- 1 year experience as a caregiver/nurse aide working with the elderly
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check and pre-employment physical, TB, and drug screen
- Experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative aide Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Job Type: Full-time