The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, the jewel of the Southern California coastline, is currently hiring for a full-time driver for our residents. Please consider joining our team! We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community.
Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
SUMMARY: Drives automobile or van to transport residents of the facility to specified destinations according to resident needs and within transportation department guidelines and schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Drives automobile to transport residents to and from their destinations. Assists residents into and out of vehicle and loads and unloads baggage and packages as needed in a safe and effective manner.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for resident comfort. Inspects vehicle daily before departure by using the pre-trip/post trip inspection form.
- May load and unload resident’s walkers, wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
- Maintains contact with residents or works with the receptionist in order to schedule, confirm, and adjust appointments as needed.
- Keeps vehicle polished and in good operating condition. Reports any maintenance problems.
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Reports delays or accidents.
- Operates hands free cellular phone to communicate with various individuals to facilitate operations.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or general education (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess either a valid Commercial Class B California driver's license including passenger endorsement and valid medical certificate. Driving record must meet approval of Front Porch insurance requirement. Enrolled in Mandatory Commercial Drivers random drug testing program. California DMV Pull notice program.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions in English, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write general correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization..
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Schedule: Final candidate should be open to working a weekend day.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour