If you're looking for a career that provides more than competitive salaries and wages, and more than great benefits, then consider an opportunity with Vista Del Monte. You'll work for a company that recognizes it cannot meet its customers' needs without first meeting the needs of its employees.
Under general supervision of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, the Cook (line cook, baker, pastry etc.) prepares and cooks meals, and/or specialty items for residents and employees of Vista Del Monte residential facilities by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
• Meets demands of meal schedules; avoiding waste through use of standardized recipes.
• Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
• Prepares entrees, soups and modified foods.
• Assures food is stored correctly with a date on the label.
• Observes and tastes the food being prepared. Assures that food is attractive, seasoned and served at the correct temperature.
• May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
• Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
• Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
•amazing health benefits (medical, dental & vision for 32+ hrs per week)
•employer paid life insurance,
•a great retirement program,
•paid time off (or sick time),
•free employee meals,
•monthly team meetings and celebrations,
•use of the fitness facilities.
If you would like to join our team, we want to meet you! Please apply online, by attaching your resume to this application or in person at the Vista Del Monte Administration Office at 3775 Modoc Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 9 am - 1 pm.
***ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME ONLINE, OR APPLY IN PERSON TO BE CONSIDERED.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour