Is hospitality and caring for the seniors you passion? If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Villa Gardens Retirement Community! We are currently looking for a FULL TIME COOK. All applicants must be able to work some weekends and holidays. Interested candidates must apply in person at: Villa Gardens Retirement Community, Pasadena, CA 91101.
Our beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community is located in the Heart of Pasadena. We are located off Highway 2010, near public transportation, including the Gold Line. Villa Gardens is featured one of the BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES in local publications. It was also recognized as a top community which has a strong culture of engagement, is 1 of 21 communities that is awarded and recognized as the place to retire from.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Under the direction of the Executive Chef's supervision, duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Cook food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
- Prepares entrees, soups, and modified foods.
- Assures food is stores correctly with a date on the label.
- Observes and tastes the food being prepared. Assures that food is attractive, seasoned and served at the correct temperature.
- May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears safety equipment as required for the job.
- Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (DEG); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ServSafe or Equivalent Certification required.
We offer excellent employment benefits including:
- comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- paid-time off (108 hours 1st year for full time employees)
- 8 Holidays and Anniversary Recognition Day
- retirement account 403b
- employee scholarship program for continued education
- shift differential for PM and NOC shifts
- wellness program
- employee safety program
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.