Sunny View is an award-winning Bay Area continuing care retirement community with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. It is located in the beautiful Cupertino foothills and is a Front Porch Community. For more information about our community please go to http://sunny-view.org/
Sunny View is hiring for Full Time Executive Chef who will be responsible for overall operations of the kitchen. He/She will also ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner in accordance with Front Porch and State regulations and policies.
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the Community.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of sous chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Director of Dining Services about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises all employees in the Kitchen and Dining departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year College or technical school; or 3-5 years related experience or training.
- ServSafe or equivalent certification required.
MUST APPLY IN PERSON AT:
22445 Cupertino Rd, Cupertino CA 95014
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.