Casa de Mañana Retirement Community is the best Senior Living in San Diego County. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community. Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
SUMMARY The Executive Chef participates in and oversees the work of food service staff and assures that all foodstuffs are prepared and cooked according to specified recipes and procedures. They will conduct quality assurance tests for all items and perform the following duties personally or through dining/kitchen staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Supervises the work of all food service personnel in the absence or per the direction of the Director of Dining Services.
- Responsible for all food service operations in the absence of the Director of Dining Services.
- In cooperation with the Director of Dining Services, plans menus, recipes, production quantities and leftover utilization.
- In conjunction with the Director of Dining Services, coordinates hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining, and motivating kitchen service personnel.
- Confers with Director of Dining Services and VP of Nutrition and Dining Service to ensure that menus and department policies conform to nutritional standards, government regulations, and internal procedures.
- Plans and coordinates daily cooking schedule and prepares production sheets in accordance with the daily menu, recipes, order quantities, future days’ menus and time requirements.
- Participates in the development of new menu items and recipes.
- Provides the food service and diet aides, etc., with information regarding taste, nutrient content and preparations of daily menu items.
- Cooks foodstuffs, including activities such as baking, broiling, frying, steaming, braising, boiling, and pressure cooking.
- Assists in all aspects of preparing foodstuffs for cooking.
- Tastes all foods before service; assures that all foods are properly prepared and meet taste requirements.
- Ensures all equipment used in food preparation are properly maintained and cleaned.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process for; equipment, supplies and personnel for the department.
- Computes operating costs, maintains records, and prepares reports for use of management or administrative personnel.
- Ensures department sanitation; and employee safety and security.
- May review resident diet information, and discusses requests, changes, and inconsistencies with resident, professional staff, and/or resident food committee.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly and/or indirectly supervises all employees in the Kitchen and Dining departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, and terminating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year College or technical school; or 3-5 years related experience or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ServSafe or equivalent certification required.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Executive ChefSunny View is an award-winning Bay Area continuing care retirement community with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. It is located in the beautiful Cupertino foothills and is a Front Porch Community. For more inform
CookIs hospitality and caring for seniors your passion ? Are you able to provide assistance with activities of daily living marked by outstanding hospitality and customer care? If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team as a Cook at C