Fitness and Aquatics Specialist
If you’re looking for a career that provides more than competitive salaries and wages, and more than great benefits, then consider an opportunity with Vista del Monte. You’ll work for a company that recognizes it cannot meet its customer’s needs without first meeting the needs of its employees.
Vista del Monte Fitness & Aquatic Center is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to teach water and land exercise classes for our senior population.
Job duties include: Instruct group exercise classes on land and in the pool, lifeguarding, one-on-one training, creating safe and effective classes, monitoring, evaluating and motivating class participants. Administrative duties and computer literate. Must enjoy working with seniors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of leading an exercise class
• Bachelor degree in a related field preferred, but not required
• CPR/First Aid certified (to be obtained within 3 months of hire)
• Lifeguard certification (to be obtained within 3 months of hire)
• Hold (or to be obtained within 3 months of hire) a current nationally recognized group exercise or personal training certification preferred, but not required (AFAA, ACE, NASM, ACSM, etc)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work with people of diverse physical abilities and limitations.
• Competitive wages
• Amazing health benefits (medical, dental & vision for 32 + hrs per week)
• Employer paid life insurance
• A great retirement program
• Holiday pay
• Paid time off (or sick time)
• Free employee meals
• Monthly team celebrations
• Use of the fitness facilities
If you would like to join our team, we want to meet you! Please apply in person at the Vista Del Monte Administration Office at 3775 Modoc Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm, and Saturday to Sunday from 9 am - 1 pm.
Learn more about Vista Del Monte and Front Porch here: http://www.frontporch.net/
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour