Food Service Aide !
Under the supervision of the Dining Room Manager, a Server, interacts with our residents and employees of Front Porch residential facilities, and ensures they have a great experience when dining. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic food knowledge by performing the following duties.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
• Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
• Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items.
• Direct guests to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing guests about food preparation details, communicating specific guest needs to the cooks.
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling guest needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
• Filling in for absent staff as needed.
• Assisting with special events as needed.
• Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
• Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
• Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
• Follow department safety standards, practice correct body mechanic techniques and participate in campus-wide safety programs.
• Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
• Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Less than high school education; or up to 1 month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read a limited number of 2-3-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Ability to add and subtract 2-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple 1-2-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Frequently required to walk and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the help of a co-worker.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
• Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• Noise level is usually loud.