Under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor and / or Assistant Supervisor performs housekeeping and cleaning duties within established guidelines in assigned areas. Is responsible for the neat and clean appearance of resident's rooms and common areas by performing the following duties.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Dusts furniture; washes walls, ceilings and woodwork, windows, door panels and sills.
- Vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies and hallways. Rearranges small furniture if needed. May sweep, scrub and wax floors.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Cleans lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, elevators, elevator landings, stairways and hallways as scheduled.
- Reports when equipment, structures, or furniture needs repair. Immediately completes a maintenance or housekeeping order if necessary.
- Assists with laundry and linens as assigned.
- Perform final cleanings for new residents as needed.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms as needed.
- Perform all stages of linen processing, to include collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading (washers, dryers, and chutes), ironing, folding, storing and delivering.
- Maintain cleanliness of laundry machinery and laundry area.
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents or special needs arise.
- Follows department safety standards, practice body mechanic techniques and participate in campus-wide safety programs.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears PPE/safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract 2-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move above 30 pounds with the assistance from a co-worker and/or mechanical means.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.