The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, the jewel of the Southern California coastline, is currently hiring for a full-time janitor. Please consider joining our team! We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community.
Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
If you are interested and meet the requirements please come in to apply at 849 Coast Blvd. La Jolla, CA 92037.
SUMMARY: This person cleans assigned areas, maintains common areas, and assists residents and staff with work orders. They will wash windows, clean carpets, sweep and mop floors and pick up trash around the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Cleans windows, washes walls, moves furniture, hangs pictures and mirrors, sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas as assigned.
- Sweeps and hoses carports, patios, sidewalks and dumpster area or other common areas as assigned.
- Re-stock supplies, soap and sanitizers in restrooms and kitchenettes.
- Gather and empty trash throughout campus and offices.
- Set up and take down tables and chairs as assigned for daily and/or special events.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good order. Reports when equipment, structures, or furniture needs repair and immediately completes a maintenance or housekeeping work order if necessary.
- Assists in arranging furniture for residents when moving of a resident from one apartment to another in the building or from cottages.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 months' experience with janitorial work preferred.
- Able to work with seniors.
- Possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds with the assistance from a co-worker and/or mechanical means.
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination law.