Join our team! The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, the jewel of the Southern California coastline, is currently hiring for a full-time Med-tech/Caregiver. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community. Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
If you think this is the job for you, please apply in person at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community located at 849 Coast Blvd., La Jolla, CA 92037. We look forward to having you on our team!
SUMMARY Under the direction of the Director of Resident Care/Charge Nurse or designee, the Med-Tech/Caregiver is responsible for performing routine nursing assistant services to the residents of the facility. This person provides resident care according to policies and procedures and within acceptable nursing standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer medications under the supervision of a LVN.
- Office work, filing, faxing etc. per nurses direction.
- Take calls and assist nurse in the clinic with resident requests, concerns and report to nurse.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Arrives to work on time, in proper clean uniform, good personal hygiene and with nametag visible.
- Assists the residents to and from the dining room, and assists in serving meals. Serves trays to residents in their rooms, if necessary, and assists with cutting of food.
- Assists residents with; bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
- Washes resident’s personal laundry as needed. Makes resident’s beds daily.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment.
- Maintains log with all vital information.
- Reports to the Charge Nurse regularly regarding the resident's condition.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
Required - High School diploma or equivalent GED; Must be able to pass an extensive background check and pre-employment physical, TB, and drug screen
Preferred - 1 year experience as a caregiver/nurse aide working with the elderly; experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative aide.
PM shift is 2:30-10:30PM
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON at the Human Resources Office Monday thru Friday from 8:45 am to 4:30 pm at 849 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Casa de Manana is an Equal Opportunity Employer