MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
Under the supervision of the Business Office Manager the Medical Billing Specialist prepares all Skilled Nursing facility private pay, insurance, secondary insurance, Medicare and Medi-Cal billing and completes related accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Prepares all Skilled Nursing Facility private pay, insurance, secondary insurance and Medicare, Medi-Cal and HMO billing and completes related accounting functions.
- Responsible for all accounting related to documenting, preparing, and distributing Care Center resident statements.
- May also be responsible for and/or assist with Residential receivables/billing.
- Responsible for aging/past-due account collections and analysis as outlined in Best Business Practices manual with input/assistance from Business Services Manager.
- Makes recommendations to Executive Director regarding charge-offs.
- Responsible for timely follow up on Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO and secondary insurance claims.
- Participates in Triple-Check meetings, in coordination with nursing and therapy teams.
- Verifies insurance for Care Center admissions.
- Provides reports to Home Office accounting and Administrator.
- Works with the Home Office accounting department to reconcile problem accounts.
- Participates in internal and external financial audits.
- May be responsible for preparation and input of daily cash/checks deposits.
- May be responsible for community petty cash including reconciliation and distribution of funds to staff and residents.
- Maintains residential financial/face sheets/insurance information in accordance with Best Business Practices policy manual.
- Answer resident or family inquires on monthly charges and statements.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears safety equipment as required for the job.
- Reports safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of college or technical school training and 3 years’ experience with Medicare and Medi-Cal billing, as well as general knowledge. General knowledge of Medicare and Medi-Cal laws and regulations. Proficiency with computers and various computer programs such as Word and Excel, AS400 (HCS), JD Edwards and Kronos is a plus.
- comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- paid-time off (108 hours 1st year for full time employees)
- 8 Holidays and Anniversary Recognition Day
- retirement account 403b
- employee scholarship program for continued education
- shift differential for PM and NOC shifts
- wellness program
- employee safety program
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Servers - Full and Part TimeClaremont Manor Retirement Community is recruiting for full and part time food servers for our expanding retirement community. Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in
Activity / Life Enrichment Assistant - Part TimeClaremont Manor Retirement Community is recruiting for a Life Enrichment Assistant to work in our Memory Care. Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Assists the Life Enrichment Director to ens
Life Enrichment / Activities Assistant - Part Timerichment Assistant – Part Time Claremont Manor Retirement Community is recruiting for a Life Enrichment Assistant to work in our Memory Care. Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Ass
CNA - Full Time $2,000.00 Sign on BonusClaremont Manor Retirement Community is recruiting for full time Certified Nurses Assistant for our Skilled Nursing Facility. CNA is responsible for performing routine patient/resident care according to policies and proce
Caregiver and Memory Care Assistant - Full TimeClaremont Manor Retirement Community is recruiting for full time Caregivers and Memory Care Assistants for our expanding community. Under the direction of the Director of Resident Services/Charge Nurse or designee, the Caregive