Sunny View is an award-winning Bay Area continuing care retirement community with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. It is located in the beautiful Cupertino foothills and is a Front Porch Community. For more information about our community please go to http://sunny-view.org/
Sunny View is looking to hire a Driver who can work on Sundays to drive our residents. Other responsibilities include as follows:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Drives automobile to transport residents to and from their destinations. Assists residents into and out of vehicle and loads and unloads baggage and packages as needed in a safe and effective manner.
- Follows all Front Porch safety protocols.
- Regulates heating, lighting and ventilating systems for resident comfort. Inspects vehicle daily before departure by using the pre-trip/post trip inspection form.
- May load and unload resident’s walkers, wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
- Maintains contact with residents or works with the receptionist in order to schedule, confirm, and adjust appointments as needed.
- Operates hands free cellular phone to communicate with various individuals to facilitate operations.
- Performs miscellaneous errands as requested.
- May be required to record billing charges to residents for services rendered.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid Class C California driver’s license. Driving record must meet approval of Front Porch insurance requirement. California DMV Pull notice program.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions in English, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write general correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization..
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to analyze situations and present observations and recommendations to supervisor and other staff; ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move above 50 pounds with the assistance from a co-worker and/or mechanical means.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
MUST Apply In Person At:
22445 Cupertino Road, Cupertino, CA
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.