Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion? If so this may be the job for you...
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our Administration team as a Part-time Mail Clerk/Receptionist at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, located in La Jolla, CA.
Casa de Mañana Retirement Community is the best Senior Living in San Diego County. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community. Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
If you are interested and meet the requirements please come in to apply at 849 Coast Blvd. La Jolla, CA 92037.
We are looking for a compassionate, enthusiastic, and reliable person to join our small main desk team! Our ideal candidate is someone who can provide excellent customer service and enjoys interacting with people, especially elders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Executive Assistant, the Mail Clerk/Receptionist receives callers at the community's main desk reception area and determines nature of business and directs callers to destination. This person is also responsible for sorting and distributing mail daily.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Directs caller to destination and records name, time of call, nature of business, and person called upon.
- Takes messages accurately including correct spelling of names and phone number.
- Operates multi-line telephone console to receive incoming messages.
- Greet incoming visitors, screen visitors in lobby if unfamiliar.
- Proficiency with multi-line telephones, telephone head set, calculator, fax machine, postal machine and copy machine.
- May cash checks; sell stamps, bill residents for meal charges by entering data on computer system.
- May sell meal tickets to employees and issues visitors pass when required.
- Monitor fire alarms, call 911 if applicable and direct emergency personnel.
- Keep track of keys to residents, employees and vendors.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations uses units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of multi-line telephones, telephone head set, calculator, fax machine and postal machine.
Schedule will vary. 24 hours a week, likely 1:30 - 5:30pm Monday - Friday, plus some weekend hours. Flexible - specific schedule to be determined during interview/upon hire. Compensation DOE.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination law.