Carlsbad By The Sea is a continuing care resort-style retirement community on the coast in beautiful Carlsbad.
We currently have openings for a full-time Registered Nurse. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid time off.
Under the direction of the Director of Health Services or Director of Nursing, the R.N. is responsible for meeting the needs of our residents and supervising C.N.A.’s and L.V.N. Charge Nurse(s) to ensure quality resident care.
We invite you to come in person and apply at:
Carlsbad by the Sea Retirement Community
2855 Carlsbad Blvd. Carlsbad, CA
Join our team where you will:
- Coordinate and perform patient assessments and plan of care evaluations.
- Responsible for reviewing referrals in the absence of admissions or the Director of Nursing.
- Assists L.V.N. and C.N.A staff with their duties as needed.
- Coordinates and performs needed treatments, medications, or other nursing interventions as indicated by the patient plan of care or as ordered by the physician.
- Ensures all needed emergency measures are followed per Care Center and company Policy and within standards of nursing practice.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies and medications to meet resident needs. Ensures that all patient rights are protected.
- Maintains all documentation as required by Federal and State regulations and Company policy.
- Current licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing; experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing desirable; knowledgeable in current State and Federal regulation.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Must be able to understand, follow, support and initiate policies and procedures of the facility. Must be able to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.