we are looking for a qualified nursing supervisor to oversee patients and manage the nursing team of our community. Our ideal candidate has solid experience as a registered nurse and is able to handle stressful situations. This position requires team management skills and a problem-solving attitude. Further training in management or administration would be a bonus. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure smooth nursing operation at our community through day-to-day management and long term planning.
Assign nurses to patients
- Ensure nursing operational standards are met
- Provide reports on productivity, quality and customer service metrics
- Ensure all nurses follow policies and procedures
- Train new team members
- Evaluate nurses’ performance
- Inform family members about medical procedures and doctors’ instructions
- Handle complaints or other issues
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing psychological support to patients, family and friends
- Keep records of nurses’ files, patients’ cases and procedures
- Assign Nurse Assignments
- Proven work experience as a nursing supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of hospital procedures
- Thorough knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare
- Team management skills
- Great communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- BSc or diploma in nursing; training in healthcare administration is a plus
- Valid nursing license
- Experience in long term care community Health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing desirable
- Must be able to understand, follow, support and initiate policies and procedures of the community.
- Must be able to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.