Food Service Aide I
Are you looking to work in an exciting and rewarding environment with wonderful residents? Villa Gardens is a Front Porch Retirement Community located in Pasadena, and we are looking for Food Service Aide I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Folds dining room linens and prepares tables
- Presents menu and take residents food orders
- Delivers and picks up room service trays
- Assists in keeping dining room well stocked and well maintained
- Clean and organized service areas
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. with the help of a co-worker.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Please apply in person at 842 East Villa St. Pasadena CA 91101 to be considered for the immediate position. Come and join our outstanding team! Due to the high volume of applicants we will only accept applicants who will fill out an application in person.