Under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor and / or Assistant Supervisor performs housekeeping and cleaning duties within established guidelines in assigned areas. Is responsible for the neat and clean appearance of resident's rooms and common areas by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Arrives to work on time, in proper, clean uniform, good personal hygiene and with nametag visible.
- Dusts furniture. Washes walls, ceilings and woodwork. Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies. Rearranges small furniture if needed. May sweep, scrub and wax floors.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Cleans lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, elevators, stairways and hallways as scheduled.
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents or special needs arise.
- Reports when equipment, structures, or furniture needs repair. Immediately completes a maintenance or housekeeping order if necessary.
- Assists with laundry and linens as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job.
- Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines in preparation and handling of foodstuffs.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.