Registered Dietetic Technician (DTR)
Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community. Our Community celebrates its roots as a famous seaside resort by offering resort-like services in one of Southern California’s most beautiful settings.
Please apply in person:
Carlsbad By The Sea Retirement Community
2855 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008
SUMMARY: Assists the Director of Dining with the coordination of skilled nursing and assisted living dining services by monitoring resident diets by performing the following functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interviews new residents on food likes, dislikes and any possible allergies.
- Reviews residents charts to verify any special diet that has been ordered or any possible medical contraindications with diet/food served.
- Works in conjunction with Care Center staff to ensure that residents’ diets and health needs have been addressed and satisfied.
- Attends Care Plan meetings to discuss resident’s progress, health concerns, etc.
- Ensures that basic diet conforms to dietary essentials.
- Establishes portion sizes. Makes adjustment in quantity or content of meals, in accordance with the nutritional requirements of each resident.
- Supervises preparation and service of food to residents, guests, and/or special events.
- Inspects food items, supplies and equipment, upon receipt to determine that our specifications have been met.We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off for Full Time Employees.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
**Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Job Type: Full-time