Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion?
Are you able to provide assistance with activities of daily living marked by outstanding hospitality and customer care?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team as an on-call Caregiver at Casa de Manñna Retirement Community, located in La Jolla, CA. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community.
Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON at the Human Resources Office Monday thru Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm at 849 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
SUMMARY Under the direction of the Director of Health Services or designee, the Caregiver is responsible for performing routine nursing assistant services to the residents of the facility. Provides resident care according to policies and procedures and within acceptable nursing standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, family, and coworkers.
- Assists the residents to and from the dining room, and assists in serving meals. Serves trays to residents in their rooms, if necessary, and assists with cutting of food.
- Assists residents with; bathing, dressing and personal hygiene.
- Washes resident’s personal laundry as needed. Makes resident’s beds daily.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment.
- Maintains log with all vital information.
- Respond to pendant emergency system calls.
- Assist with resident laundry.
- Reports to the LVN regularly regarding the resident's condition.
- Maintains all documentation as required by Federal and State regulations and Company policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- 1 year experience as a caregiver/nurse aide working with the elderly.
- Experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative aide Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Caregiver experience preferred but not required.
Shifts we are looking to fill: AM (6:30am - 3:00pm), PM (2:30 - 11pm) and/or NOC (10:30pm - 7am)
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.