Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion ?
Are you able to provide assistance with activities of daily living marked by outstanding hospitality and customer care?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team as a Cook at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, located in La Jolla, CA.
Casa de Mañana Retirement Community is the best Senior Living in San Diego County. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community. Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON at the Human Resources Office Monday thru Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm at 849 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Under the direction of the Executive Chef's supervision, duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Cook foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
- Prepares and stores foodstuffs according to established procedures.
- Prepares entrees, soups, and modified foods.
- Assures food is stores correctly with a date on the label.
- Observes and tastes the food being prepared. Assures that food is attractive, seasoned and served at the correct temperature.
- May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (DEG); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ServSafe or Equivalent Certification required.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.