Under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisor, keeps premises of the facility, apartment houses, residential homes and other buildings on company grounds in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Cleans windows, washes walls, moves furniture, hangs pictures and mirrors, sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas as assigned.
- Sweeps and hoses carports, patios, sidewalks and dumpster area or other common areas as assigned.
- Re-stock supplies, soap and sanitizers in restrooms and kitchenettes.
- Gather and empty trash throughout campus and offices.
- Set up and take down tables and chairs as assigned for daily and/or special events.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good order. Reports when equipment, structures, or furniture needs repair and immediately completes a maintenance or housekeeping work order if necessary.
- Assists in arranging furniture for residents when moving of a resident from one apartment to another in the building or from cottages if furnishings are not too large or too heavy (see physical requirements).
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facility policies and procedures.
- Follows highest standards of cleanliness. Follows all federal, state and corporate policies, health codes and guidelines.
- Follows department safety standards, practice body mechanic techniques and participate in campus-wide safety programs.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears PPE/safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds with the assistance from a co-worker and/or mechanical means.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off for Full Time Employees.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.