Is hospitality and caring for seniors your passion ?
Are you able to provide assistance with activities of daily living marked by outstanding hospitality and customer care?
If you answered yes, then please consider joining our team at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, located in La Jolla, CA.
Casa de Mañana Retirement Community is the best Senior Living in San Diego County. The award-winning Casa de Mañana Retirement Community, is the jewel of the Southern California coastline. Upscale but comfortable senior living. We are dedicated to creating environments that enhance the quality of our residents' lives. If you share that same passion and commitment, we encourage you to consider a career opportunity at Casa de Mañana Retirement Community. Our work team prides itself on extending exceptional customer service and appreciating residents' heritage, values and wisdom.
YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON at the Human Resources Office Monday thru Friday from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm at 849 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037.
The full-time Receptionist will work in our Wellness Clinic and provide heavy support to both our residents and Health Services team. The schedule for this position is Tuesday - Saturday 2:30pm - 11:00pm (Sunday and Monday off).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.Directs caller to destination and records name, time of call, nature of business, and person called upon.
- Takes messages accurately including correct spelling of names and phone number.
- Makes guest room reservations.
- Monitor fire alarms and dispatch 911.
- Greet incoming visitors, screen visitors in lobby if unfamiliar.
- Keep track of keys to residents, employees and vendors.
- Receives callers at community/office, determines nature of business, and directs callers to destination by performing the following duties.
- Performs variety of clerical duties, which may include various paper works done for Care Services and Nursing department.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations uses units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of multi-line telephones, telephone head set, calculator, fax machine and postal machine.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, physical abilities test, drug screen and Department of Justice Criminal background clearance.
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.