Under the direction of Director of Nursing and the Charge Nurse, performs nursing in the areas of range of motion, ambulation, and application of splints and use of assistive devices. Assists the physical, occupational and speech therapists to carry out doctor ordered plans of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Assists with ambulation of patients by verifying weight bearing, condition of assistive device, applies braces if needed, uses caution at all times to prevent falls.
- Guides patient to do self-ranging to increase range of motion.
- Assists with patient transfers, verify weight bearing status of patient, verify condition of equipment, gives simple instructions to patient and protects patient from falls.
- Documents necessary information according to Federal and State regulations.
- Carries out and records monthly, weekly or daily weight checks of patients, and notify Charge Nurse of weight changes.
- Pass nourishments to residents and offer snacks to residents as needed.
- Assess effectiveness of restorative feeding program for each resident in the RNA feeding program.
- Assesses effectiveness of restorative feeding equipment and reports progress to Charge Nurse.
- Maintains all documentation as required by Federal and State regulations and Company policy.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Wears safety equipment as required for the job. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures. We offer excellent employment benefits including:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Current CNA certification and CPR on file. Experience in long-term care community health, geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing desirable. Knowledgeable in current State and Federal regulation.
- comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision)
- paid-time off (108 hours 1st year for full time employees)
- 8 Holidays and Anniversary Recognition Day
- retirement account 403b
- employee scholarship program for continued education
- shift differential for PM and NOC shifts
- wellness program
- employee safety program
Front Porch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.